Marine Thrust Blocks Market: Introduction
A marine thrust block is a special kind of thrust bearing used in large ship engines to resist the thrust generated by the propeller shaft and transfer the generated energy to the hull of ship. It is also known as a thrust box. Marine thrust blocks contain many wedge-shaped white metal pads that are fixed on a steel support and form a case. The main purpose of these blocks is to transfer the torque generated by the propeller to the hull of the ship through the metal housing. At the bottom of the housing, there is an oil reservoir that contains an oil-cooling coil, which circulates sea water. The pads available in the housing protect the fluid film of the oil reservoir from overheating and wear and tear, which may occur by the rotational movement of the drive shaft.
A marine thrust block conveys forward propeller thrust to the hull of the ship and limits the axial movement of the shaft. Some clearance of axial is necessary to allow the formation of an oil film between the thrust pads and the collar. This clearance is also needed to allow for extension as some parts warm up to operating temperature, which may harm the machine. If the axial clearance is small, then it may cause power loss, high bearing temperature and failure of the engine.
Request For Sample Report:https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/17917
Marine Thrust Blocks Market: Dynamics
The high presence of well-established spare part providers and repair networks along with established training facilities and aftersales services provided by skilled engineers and workers are driving the demand for marine thrust blocks. Additionally, some factors, such as rise in global production and sales of ships, increase in international seaborne trade and the rising demand for resources, such as coal, crude oil, steel and iron from developing countries will drive market growth.
On the other hand, the requirement for huge R&D investments, overcapacity in the marine industry, low rates of freight and the need for high capital to replace existing vessels are some factors restraining growth of the marine thrust blocks market. Furthermore, awareness towards advancement of technology, such as new alternative thrust blocks and rising use of inland waterways are factors expected to create profitable opportunities for new technological products, which in turn will surge market growth for marine thrust blocks.
Marine Thrust Blocks Market: Segmentation
- Segmentation of the marine thrust blocks market on the basis of product type:
- Diesel Marine Thrust Blocks
- Wind & Solar Marine Thrust Blocks
- Gas Turbine Marine Thrust Blocks
- Steam Turbine Marine Thrust Blocks
- Natural Gas Marine Thrust Blocks
- Segmentation of the marine thrust blocks market on the basis of its application:
- Offshore Support Vessels
- Commercial Vessels
- Inland Waterways
- Segmentation of the marine thrust blocks market on the basis of its ship types:
- Carriers (Car carriers, Bulk carrier, Cargo, Container ships, Liquid gas carriers)
- Tankers (Chemical tankers, Shuttle tankers)
- Vessels (Fishing & coastal vessels, Research and survey vessel, Offshore support & construction vessels, Fishing and coastal vessel)
- Others (Cruise & Mega yachts, Ferries, Mega-Yachts, RORO, ROPAX)
Marine Thrust Blocks Market: Regional Outlook
North America and Europe, followed by Asia-Pacific, are predicted to hold a relatively large market share and will dominate the marine thrust blocks market over the period of forecast. This can be attributed to the highly developed and commercial marine thrust blocks industry in the region, which will add to the national economy as well. Additionally, Asia-Pacific offers extensive growth opportunities in the marine thrust blocks market, mostly due to the extensive development of marine thrust blocks and capacity rules of regional ports, particularly in some countries, such as India and Singapore, among others. Also, usage of bulk carriers, increased production, import of dry goods in developing countries, such as China and India, are some of the main reasons contributing to growth of the market in the Asia-Pacific region. Latin America and Middle East and Africa regions are expected to witness growth in the marine thrust blocks market during the forecast period but at a relatively slow pace.
Request For Customization on this Report:https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/request-customization/17917
Marine Thrust Blocks Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the marine thrust blocks market, identified across the value chain are Michell Bearings, The Ford Meter Box Company Inc., Torque Transmission, Phoenix Precast, ThrustEMS, Mercury Marine, Daihatsu Diesel Mfg. Co. Ltd., Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), Rolls-Royce plc, Scania, Wärtsilä, Yanmar Co. Ltd., etc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint